Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Dragonfly Whisperer


Flying Arrow Illustrated by me
For many years dragonflies have appeared in the most unusual circumstances. Winter or summer they have materialized so often that I now acknowledge them as trusted friends. When I began to see winged creatures appear during meditations...well, let's just say synergy is something I no longer ignore.

Years ago when I was struggling to leave a bad marriage they appeared to me in material objects. Funny, I had never noticed that the fabric on my chair was covered in dragonflies, my glass bowl was etched with them along with other personal treasures. I was depressed and I was searching for a path to find my way out of the gloom and here they were saying, "Don't forget about us we have been with you all along."
I packed all the items into my tiny car and drove 1400 miles to live in a new community. I knew no one. I had to begin fresh. I unloaded everything into my tiny shared living space and went to take a walk on the nearest beach. I should not have been surprised when I was greeted by a swarm of brilliant red dragonflies.
Follow me
Soon I began working in a new job. I had formerly been paid very well as a professional artist and now found myself working in a pub as a hostess for meager wages...but I was starting from scratch. A dragonfly flew in one day and perched himself on the wall behind me. My co-workers stood mouths gaping as this insect seemed to follow me around the room. I laughed it off as nonsense until I found it waiting for me in the ladies room.

Yes, they are constant reminders in my life— little affirmations that I'm never alone. I feel and sense them before they appear and I love their ability to hover and see from so many perspectives. Are they here to help redirect mine?

Those depressing days are long gone. Now I'm a happy being, moving along my path with a passion of purpose. Recently I moved to place called Clearwater and upon my arrival I was met by a huge swarm of brilliant colored dragonflies. They bounced and hovered close to me as if greeting me. I laughed and asked them to come closer to show me their color and one landed and stayed very still so I could take the photo that you see above.

Why are these tiny creatures attracted to me? Is it my scent...am I sending signals that I want to communicate with them? Is it my aura? Or is it something less mysterious?
Let's meditate together
Recently while meditating on the beach, I was visited by several as they darted about happily. I began speaking to them with my thoughts and left my hands palm up. One alighted onto my fingers and then flew up to sit upon my head. Luckily my camera was sitting nearby and my partner shot two continuous minutes of photos. He said it was tap-tapped with its legs, sending me code? Ha!

Transition is something we all go through, be it a failed relationship, death of a loved one, changing careers or moving into a new home. It is how we navigate these times in our life that will be most beneficial to ourselves and others. For me I believe the dragonfly is here to guide me and I now send them thoughts of blessings and well being. I see them as little arrows pointing me in the right direction.
Who is guiding you? What little signs keep appearing in your life? Meditation can help illuminate your pathway and bring you guidance every day. Look about you closely and see if your guides have left you a compass...seek your own synergy and when you find it...use it lovingly to help others. 

To learn more about meditation please read  Meditation Mojo.
Since writing this, with many hours of helping others with animals in spirit, missing animals, etc
I am a Professional Animal Communicator, I can speak with your animals! learn more



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated and appear within 24 hours.