Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Meditation Photos Who's in the Darkroom?

Me in 1960
Your life's journey is being recorded by photographs. We can still remember the days when most photos were created using film… digital technology did not exist. The choice of media isn't important nor their condition. It doesn't matter if they are tattered or worn they still give an impression of the journey.

Me in 1964
There is a part of the story behind the scenes that was brought to my attention by this recent meditation.

Me in 1974
Meditation: I am shown photos of myself as a child, then I am shown my children in photos. I am told that the photos are to be remembered not by just the children I am viewing – BUT ALSO UNDERSTANDING THE PERSON TAKING THEM AND THEIR RELATIONSHIP TO ME. It ends.

I am reminded that someone was behind the camera as these photos were taken. As I think of my own children and grandchildren I realize one day they too will look at themselves. Will they realize I took those photos? We see ourselves and remember happy times, yet there is something else going on. Yes, we can tell by the photograph that it has recorded the room, the scenery, the dated clothing and hair styles, yet there is another element that is off camera. The photographer. The person who with love and laughter wanted a photograph to remind them of YOU.

These photos still exist (even if they are not in your possession) and our meditations can bring them to life again and again. It's as if there is a huge darkroom where these incredible images are stored waiting to be brought into the light. As you look upon these images take the time to think of the photographers that took them. How did they feel when they captured that moment in time? Can you feel this connection? Look into the darkroom and acknowledge this love and put it into every image YOU record. It is the love energy used and embedded into them that truly keeps them alive.
Me today
To learn more about the meditation style I teach, please read The Pitfalls of Meditation


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated and appear within 24 hours.